Meet 10 tech startups that have a clear path to being profitable on less than $1 million in funding. That doesn’t mean they aren’t big ideas, it just means they are capital efficient and the entrepreneurs are scrappy. They have customer traction and now they are ready to put the pedal to the metal. Read more about our investment thesis.
12 of the 14 companies that presented at our last Demo Day in October received funding.
First we’ll give an intro to angel investing. Then we’ll showcase 5 of the hottest startups in Austin. Finally we’ll showcase 5 startups that are not from Austin and pick one winner to move here for free!
We’re kicking off SXSW Interactive! This is the main event of the SXSW Startup Village on Friday afternoon. We have Salon A, B & C on the 4th floor of the Hilton Hotel with room for 1,000 people and a few dozen startups.
You can also RVSP on Facebook and Plancast.
One winner will receive a “relocation” package* to bring them to Austin with more than $50,000 worth of benefits including:
- $35,000 convertible note investment from CTAN (new!)
- $15,000 for rent from HomeAway
- 6 months of co-working at Capital Factory
- $24,000 of server hosting from Rackspace
- Moving expenses from uShip
- 6 months of a storage unit from Sparefoot
- 6 months of local and organic groceries from Greenling
- 2 badges for SXSW Interactive 2014 (new!)
- 1 year worth of postal mail scanning from Outbox (new!)
- 6 months of Ramen noodles
- and many more benefits…
Apply to Pitch by February 24
If your startup can get profitable on less than $1 million, you can apply to pitch at SXSW from our AngelList profile. Applications are due by February 24. If you are accepted, you will receive one complimentary SXSW Interactive badge.
* some limitations apply
Categorized in: Announcements
This post was written by Joshua Baer