The Austin Quantified Self Meetup is inspired by the Bay Area Quantified Self Meetup and the Quantified Self blog.
It is a regular show-and-tell for people who are tracking data about their body and conducting their own personal investigations and research into their bodies, minds, and selves. Anything is game — from personal genetics to ways to digitize and track information; from how to self-diagnose to how to self-experiment with data and statistics.
More specific topics include:
- using data and statistics to further self-experimentation
- behavior monitoring, tracking, and modification (including studying habit forming and breaking)
- lifelogging, lifecaching, and lifestreaming
- location tracking
- generating, capturing, and working with biometric data
- psychological self-assessments
- medical self-diagnostics and keeping track of one’s own medical data
- personal genetics and genome sequencing